Vol II • Issue I
The all-new Fieldsports Journal...
Aspirational, pioneering, exciting and beautiful are just a few of the words we jotted down in our first team meeting as Fieldsports Press Ltd. These qualities are what we strive for with the new-look publication.
The aim is to take everything to the next level – the breadth of content, the quality of imagery, the exclusivity of interviews and stories – and produce a publication with longevity, a journal-like feel, and outstanding substance to match... something that has not been done before.
Inside Volume II, Issue I we join a team of Guns on a quintet of Norfolk’s finest partridge shoots, interview the recently retired headkeeper of HM The Queen’s Sandringham Estate, David Clark LVO, and ask Simon Ward what it takes to shoot at the top level.
Plus, Toby Coe comments on a shocking discovery in the Sea of Cortez, Peter Ryan looks at the fall and rise of the double rifle, Ben Randall discusses hard mouthed gundogs, and Matt Harris goes in search of monster trout in Chilean Patagonia – and there is so much more… We trust you will enjoy it.
TIME WELL SPENT
• My shooting day with David Clarke LVO
• Five or Norfolk’s finest driven shoots
• Factors that make for a dream day’s shooting
• The allure of grey partridges
• The fall and rise of the double rifle
• A timely reminder that the gift of grouse can never be taken for granted
• The development of a fascination of deer
• A memorable African bird shooting safari
• The Landrover Discovery 5 on test with a culinary twist
• Part 1 of the Ultimate Quarry Species